Thursday 28 February 2013

Its Riveting

My Heartlands experience was much the same as everyone else.  I found it full of atmosphere with the sounds and sights.  The wheels, rust, rivets and cogs made it easy to decide on the essence of my project.  I started with photos and sketches.




 Then I rusted some silk and cotton fabrics and tea dyed some other silk. I had never tried either of these techniques before and was surprised at how easy it was and how wonderful the results were.
I was luck to source some cogs and some brads that looked like rivets.
I then painted some Bondaweb which I planned to use to distress some sequin waste.

 I planned the piece of work and got started.
Machine Pieced the background, Reverse Applique for the wheel, Hand Quilting, Foiling and Finally Embellishing.
My husband mounted the finished piece on an art board.  



 "IT'S RIVETING" 

Now onto the next challenge "Close Up"
Jane
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.