Tuesday 26 February 2013

Close Up

Piece of Palm Tree Bark

 In the home of any Textile Artist I am sure you will find a very varied selection of "interesting" bits and pieces.

I guess I am no execption, as in my stash of objects I have saved a couple pieces of bark amongst other daft bits.  

This became an easy choice for our second challenge.


I took a few photos and had them printed off to A3 size which helped to plan and design the piece.

Tracing paper was used a great deal.

This again is a single piece of fabric which has had painted bondaweb, spray painted cotton fabric and Markel paintstiks added as the bark.
Close of Finished Piece






I am very pleased with the finished piece and although it is not an exact copy of the bark, it is my interpretation of it.

The only problem I have had with this piece is giving it a name!!  Hopefully I will have an idea soon!


Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.