Friday 1 February 2013

Off we go!

We kicked off Textile Maids at Fraddon Village Hall this week with our first piece of work based on Heartlands. I was so impressed with everyone's work and ideas, it is so exciting and inspiring working with a group of like-minded people and I cannot wait to get to grips with next month's theme - Close up. However that must wait until I have completed my heartlands piece. I will post a photo as soon as I have removed the 'stitch and tear' and there is something to see. I was concerned I would not be up to the required standard for the group but there is no pressure at all and everyone is very generous with ideas and techniques. All in all, a lovely day with the promise of great  company and fun to come.
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.