Tuesday 26 February 2013

Links to the Past!

The Wheel



Heartlands was a really good choice for our first challenge, it is such a lovely place and deserves to be visiting many times.  Like the rest of us I took several photos in the museum, but was drawn to the rust and metal of the engine wheel.



Designing and recording









I made a square to highlight the area on the photo that I wanted to work on.



I decided to use purchased fabric as the blue of the wheel, and after adding a piece of bondaweb to the whole piece I laid a selection of fibres on top. 
 
Close up of Links to the Past!


The chain is made from dried tea bags that have be applied to scrim.


The rust has been depicted by couching fibres, seed stitching and French knots.

Carolyn

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.