Monday 4 February 2013

Heartlands Inspiration.............

This was such a super topic for our first challenge. There was so much to use as inspiration I found it a little hard deciding where to begin. The wheel, chains, caged lift, rust and vibrant colours all had to be explored.

I'm working onto 12" papers for my sketch book, which will be added to as we continue through each project. To get me started I used my photos to guide me through my choice of colour palette, then painted some papers and added collage and drawings.

Collaged photos, transfered images
Wheel and chain drawing
Transfered images onto fabric and photo collage
Cut-out holes as in the caged lift
Printing with painted bubble wrap, fabric and stitch sample
This is my final piece, photo transfer using gel medium, hand dyed fabric and scrim, rusted fabric, markel paint stick used to create circles through a stencil, painted bondaweb with chiffon fused over and distressed using a heat gun, machine and hand quilted. 

          The Romance of Mining........A False Image
I found Heartlands a very emotional place to visit, listening to the drawl of the cornish voices (just like my granny) telling their stories, definitely a place to re-visit.
But, for now it's time to think of the next challenge.
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.