Thursday 21 February 2013

Finished at Last.

At last I have completed the January project. I have been rather poorly with a chest infection and it has wiped me out for a couple of weeks, but back on the go now and ready as Bertie Wooster would say to bite a tiger, albeit a small tiger as yet.
My Heartlands project is based on the two things that struck me most each time I visited the site. The first was the super rich minerals and ore that Cornwall is made of and the second was how we as a people are inextricably tied to that bedrock. There cannot be any doubt that the 3000 years of mining Cornwall's rich treasures has made the county and it's people what they are. So - I painted some Bondaweb with fabric paints in the colours I felt represented the granite and minerals I had seen at Heartlands and hand embroidered some of the many words and numbers I found at the site; on the film, on the displays, on the dog tags and over the speakers. I added a few beads and some space dyed yarn and there you go. I am calling the piece Heritage Heartlands.
Thanks for looking
Margaret

1 comment:

  1. Dear Margaret, I think it looks great. The colour and texture have all blended very well to create a real feeling of the ores!
    Sorry to hear you have been poorly but glad you have recovered now.
    See you soon, chris

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.