Sunday 24 February 2013

Close up and very personal

 I didn't have to think very hard about how to work on the February project. Close up meant one thing - reach for an amazing book I was given (on the recommendation of a textile artist) some years ago. Heaven and Earth -images unseen by the naked eye published by Phaidon. It is truly remarkable and a huge source of inspiration for art work. One or two images are best passed by quite quickly including a scan of varicose veins that should not be available pre-watershed! I chose a micrograph of a butterfly wing which, in close up looks like woven silk ribbon. Having some recycled sari silk in my stash and clutching my rotary cutter and board I was off. I really enjoyed the weaving and have now ironed some bondaweb to the back. Next job is to put some backing fabric on and start to embellish the piece. This is the bit where I get carried away and don't know when to stop. All good fun and games. I am really looking forward to Wednesday when we meet  and try our hand at mono printing.
Margaret


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.