Thursday 27 June 2013

REVIVAL

I found it difficult to settle on a subject for this challenge but in the end decided to
 "REVIVE A UFO".
I had this textured painted background which was unfinished and had been abandoned quite a long time ago.
I recalled the theme was intended to be based on patterns on currency.  I was surprised when I actually looked at some money at the intricate patterns, none of which I had noticed before.
My design was inspired by the ammonites, spirals and colours on the English £10 note.


I did some stamping, reverse applique, more painting and then I embellished it with sequins and beads.


I was happy with the finished result.
janex

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.