Thursday 20 June 2013

Bridget Riley inspired Texture



Normally I create pleated pieces in a plain fabric, I really love the shadows and light play they create, however, this time round I thought I'd give a patterned fabric a go - the picture doesn't really do it justice.  

You really need to look at this piece which is an effect I was after.  I say it was inspired by Bridget Riley, however, unlike her work which is beautifully measured and precise my design is a little more organic.

I am in two minds about this piece, it has interesting qualities to it but I do prefer the effect in plain fabric - it's still only Thursday, who knows, I may make two squares for this challenge!

- Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.