Saturday 15 June 2013

Magic Numbers!

The challenge for May was 'Revival' and I have eventually finished my piece.  

At the last Festival of Quilts, it seemed that the 'Hexagon' was making a come back, as there were several quilts made with small hexagons.  So I decided that I would use this old favourite and give it a modern twist.
Magic Numbers - In production!
After deciding on Hexagon's I then had to think about how I would use them and settled on the Fibonacci Sequence.  So the size of them hexagons started at 1/2", and went up to 2 1/2".  The infill hexagons had 6 sides but of varying sizes. 

The fabric I used was all hand-dyed using a variety of techniques.  The modern twist was the addition of hexagons made from melted bubble wrap placed other a sheer that was trimmed away in places.
Magic Numbers - Close up
I am pleased with the result and hope you like it too.

Now to get cracking on 'Textures' this months challenge......

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.