Thursday 20 June 2013

Gothic Revival




Hello
Ralph Waldo Emerson said 'Every wall is a door' but this month I have felt like every door is a wall and I haven't been able to get through!
I chose Gothic Revival for the challenge (April) and took some photos of Truro Cathedral and  the wonderful doors there. I had been very impressed by Wendy Dolan's embroidery technique based on an old door and thought I would have a go. All went well for a while but I struggled a bit with the colouring. However it is finished and it was really good using my old sewing machine again ( My new machine is not happy with certain threads, so we have fallen out) It has taken a lot longer to complete this challenge but I would not let myself start on Textures until I had finished.


Adding colour with inktense blocks


Thanks for looking. See you soon with Textures 

Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.