Friday 26 April 2013

Sweet Dreams Baby

I found this month's challenge a real tough one. I had loads of ideas, mostly from 60's and 70's song titles but somehow they just didn't gel. Looking through my stash of hand dyed fabric I selected one that looked a bit psychedelic (good 60's word)in mainly red and yellow. I kept looking at it for a couple of days desperate for inspiration. During this time I was hoping I would remember some actual dreams to give me a direction but those that I remembered were best forgotten so there I am, still looking at the bare fabric. I decided that as my dreams are very 'wordy' I would stamp some words on the fabric and after adding some printed cotton patches I laid a piece of rainbow coloured organza over the whole which subtly altered the colouring. I then machined around a star shape to make it seem like the light at the end of the tunnel effect.

Is it the light at the end of the tunnel or is it another train rapidly approaching? It is a dream so who knows!

Now I have to think about next month's challenge 'Revival'

See you soon

-Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.