Monday 22 April 2013

Sewing the Seeds of......

Hi,

I thought that is was about time that I popped my Seeds project onto the blog.  I finished a while ago, but hadn't taken any photos of it. So.......here it is:

Close up of "Sewing the Seeds of....."

I was inspired by Wassily Kandinski's "Varied Rectangles" 1929, a picture I had liked while doing my College work, and thought that this was just the right time to use it.



Early design work
 At the March meeting Margaret had mentioned a programme she had been watching were a blind gentleman worked successfully in his allotment, using a variety of different sized squares!  So using both Kandiski and the image of this gardener I made "Sewing the Seeds of......" 
 
Fabric collage 
                        
The background is made up of  a variety of fabric loosley woven

and bonded to a backing fabric.  I then made some cord to section off the piece and machine and hand quilted.  The edge is finished with a thicker piece of cord.

I am happy with this piece and pleased with how easily it came together.  "Dreams" has been quite a different story!!

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.