Friday 29 March 2013

Close up on "Close Up"


Looks like the Textile Maids have all more or or less finished the second challenge on the theme of "Close-up". Here they all are together, photographed at our third meeting earlier this week. This picture shows what an enormous range of interests and styles we have between us doesn't it?

Our fourth challenge is going to be "Dreams". I've been looking forward to a more abstract topic but now we've got one I've gone blank...so  I think I will carry on with sewing the sequins and beads onto my "Seeds" piece and get that finished first.

I find our meetings really helpful - there is always somebody who knows the answer to my beginners questions. This time I found out about 'Frixion' pens that can be used to draw out a design and then disappear when ironed ( thanks Jane!)...although apparently it can re-appear if you put the work in the freezer, but I don't think I will need to make a habit of that!

Hope everyone has a good Easter break, and keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.