Monday 11 March 2013

Closing down on Close-up

I just have the hanging ring to sew on the back of my Close-up project and I'm all done. It has been a bit of a struggle as I have not been satisfied with the work as I embellished it. Once again I overdid the bells and whistles or rather the ribbons, braids and beads. Yesterday I removed all of the beads and more than half of the braids, ribbons and yarns and am now much more pleased with the simpler look. I really liked the basic sari ribbon weaving and realised I had lost the 'look' as I added more and more bits and bobs to the work. I have never minded taking stitches out (just as well - I do it a lot) and I think I have retrieved the feel I wanted. So, there we are - my interpretation of a micrograph of a butterfly wing.
Thanks for looking. Margaret


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.