Tuesday 23 March 2021

Going with the flow...

Don't you just love a bit of free motion quilting, I do, but it's been a while since I've had a reason to rev up my machine, but this piece just called out for it.
I began by laying out a raw edge collage with luscious red fabrics, overlaid areas with organza and went with the flow. After quilting I cut back areas of the organza, added hand quilting, french knots and highlighted some of the quilting lines with paint.
 




Jane chose rust and gold. Once again I laid out a raw edge collage using my rusted fabrics. I overlaid African Bark cloth and gold painted Tyvek. After quilting Rosemary's red piece I wanted to free motion quilt this piece as well, but my machine just wasn't happy with the rusted areas, so I decided on seed stitches, french knots and beads.




Hope you've enjoyed joining us throughout this project, it's really helped us to stay connected.

Back soon

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.