Thursday 30 January 2014

First meeting of the new year

We met yesterday and were delighted to be joined for the first time by most of our new members. I'm sure I speak for the whole group when is say that it's really exciting to have so many talented people joining us. Everyone's work is so different and we all learn so much from each other, so I think its going to be great year!

We had quite bit of business to discuss.  Margaret collected our half yearly subscriptions and gave us a summary of our financial situation, which it's is nice to know is looking very comfortable!

We discussed some of the details about the exhibition we are having next September at Heartlands. Margaret is going to contact them to confirm a few details, such as how early they will be able to produce an advertising flyer, because we would like to start to distribute them in good time.

Jane Hawkins has found a good source of reasonably priced clips for hanging our work and is going to order them. Chris her husband has kindly agreed to fix these all onto our work nearer the time! But it was decided that we should have focussed meeting in the near future to start our exhibition planning.

I was able to get some feedback from the others about the work I have been doing on this blog - and to explain the problems I have had with learning this Blogger software. But I'm slowly getting my head around it and hope to do some more changes shortly in response to your ideas yesterday. Thanks for your patience with me.

The "old" members brought along their finished pieces and some work in progress - and here is our recent output is shown below.

Have a good month with your stitching Maids!

Regards, Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.