Thursday 23 January 2014

Architectural Structure...

Whilst Carolyn and I were studying our City & Guilds Course we were often inspired by Kandinsky, I used him many time in my sketch book. Recently we had an open day for Beyond Patchwork, we showed some of our course work which meant we got to look through our sketch books and that prompted me to revisit some of the work.
My course work was based on West Chiverton Mine nr. Truro so the perfect topic for architecture, below are a few sketch book pages and fabric samples that I've developed from my course work...

sketch book work and fabric sample
pen and fabric sample inspired by Kandinsky line
pen and fabric sample inspired this stitched sample
My finished piece...overlaid Mine stencil, transfer dyed fabric, organza, free machine quilting, couching.

West Chiverton Mine meets Kandinsky
Thanks for reading,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.