Tuesday 24 September 2013

Museum Trip - London Edition!

Having become an associate member since moving up to London last month, and with Mum here visiting (so both of us missing this weeks meet up at Royal Cornwall Museum, we took it upon ourselves to do our own museum trip!

We headed to the Natural History Museum and found our way to the top of floor of the earth section - Eli was fairly intrigued by all the crystals and precious gems, I think he liked the sparkles!  I have already decided what I am going to do for this project, (after I have started and finished Decay of course!!) it's going to be inspired by the crystals and Bjork - I'll explain more once its made!

Mum took lots of photos today, but these are my favourite (and the ones I took!), unfortunately I can't remember what they all were and didn't photo the labels!!


I just loved how nature can create such geometric shapes!




I really liked the veins running through this opal block, it reminded me of a textile technique, which of course I can't quite remember either!

Ok, so this wasn't taken in the Natural History Museum, but in the V&A, they have a new light installation in the foyer.  I only noticed it when we were leaving and didn't really have the time to find out who or what it is.  It is almost a shame that its been positioned in the foyer.  I didn't notice it on the way in because I was busy getting my bag ready for a search and then on the way out you're encouraged not to block the entrance...  It does however, mean that I will have to go back and explore again!  Shame.


I hope that the Cornish trip was as successful as our day!

- Becca



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.