Wednesday 11 September 2013

Decay challenge...

Hello everyone,

A while ago we had some building work done, after they finished I found three pieces of metal that had peeled off their cement mixer. With such lovely rusted markings I couldn't bring myself to throw them away, so I pinned them to my wall hoping to use as inspiration at some point.


If you haven't already realised I'm a big fan of anything old or rusty and I wanted my Decay piece to be colourful, making these peelings an ideal subject.

The next photo shows the section I used, as you can see some beautiful colours.


Here's my interpretation......

'Oxidized Decay' 
Hand dyed fabrics and scrim, rusted fabric, net, raw edge appliqué, free machine quilting, embellished with french knots and seed stitching.

Hope you enjoyed, back soon
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.