Wednesday 29 September 2021

For Sue...

 


Blue always makes me think of the sea. So I started by making a stamp of several fish using sticky backed foam that I stuck on to some mount board to make it easy to use. I looked out some hand dyed fabric, scrim and a scrap of music paper that I had coloured during a mad dyeing in jam jar session.
I printed a mariners compass onto TAP paper to transfer it to the fabric. And the background evolved from there. A zigzag edge and flowing machine stitching set the scene.
But I had to concentrate so much when it came to the hand stitching because I never normally do french knots I always do colonial knots. But after several false starts I got there in the end. Finishing with single and double seed stitch and a trim of lace.  Janex




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.