Wednesday 15 September 2021

For Debbie...

 

Turquoise and Aqua are not colours that I have in my stash so finding suitable colours meant a real rummage! I thoroughly enjoyed using a new stitch (never heard of pistil stitch before) and of course revisiting herringbone stitch was fun. Anyone my age will remember that was the stitch of choice for crimplene dress hems back in the day - I actually winced when I wrote the word crimplene!  Mostly stranded cotton, a bit of perle no 8  and some broderie anglaise, a length of granny's lace she used on nighties and petticoats and 5 heart buttons to show the love that was included in the piece. 

love to all and keep on keeping safe
Margaret


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.