Wednesday 22 September 2021

For Rosemary...

 

This one just came to me as I was sorting through my black and grey fabrics in my stash. Inspiration came from the backing fabric, which is a Paisley cotton I made myself a blouse and skirt from in the 1980s, which I also wore to our engagement party! You can just see it peeping around the sides. And another piece from an early quillow, with the same sort of flowing swirls and shapes.


A pieced background including some texture magic on silk. Then chain stitch and raised chain band with felt appliqué, to echo and emphasise the Paisley shape. I love the swirly pattern of Paisley, and hope you like this page Rosemary.
With love
Debbiex




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.