Tuesday 4 May 2021

Spring Greens...




Here is the photo of the stash I collected together for Margaret's green page.

When I returned to it I immediately deselected some fabrics as they didn’t appeal to me any more. My ideas of what to stitch for Margaret have gone to and fro for weeks, so I just set to, cutting and auditioning pieces until it seemed to happily sit together. The Passion flower fabric was one of my favourite summer dresses, long since gone to the charity shop but I kept the sash! I felt this was the star of this page.




In addition there’s quite a mix of contrasting textures and fabrics: wool tweed, felt, silk, satin, silk velvet, and taffeta, all in luscious verdant greens.
From the cottons I cut a few tiny patchwork hexies, and then had the joy of stitching.... The printed design led to more circles, with pistil stitch and bullion stitch, reflecting the wonderful structure of a Passion flower. Of course I had to add French knots, then buttons and beads as embellishment.




Here’s a close up of some of the stitching, with lovely variegated threads I dyed.




And here’s the view of the back, I think the backs of pieces of work are sometimes just as interesting-they certainly show the route my needle has taken, like some alternative form of map, and mine are never as tidy as they should be!




Thank you for reading once again
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.