Tuesday 27 April 2021

'Stroll down the Lane'.....

 

Margaret’s chosen colour - green - how lovely, so many ideas spring to mind, but what gives her much pleasure. Everyday she goes for a walk with Hattie, her ever faithful crazy dachshund. Perfect! 
I have a technique which I especially love when tackling trees, so I thought 1 tree would frame the image nicely. Using dissolvable plastic, I laid strips of silk and painted cheesecloth for the trunk, on top of which I laid various shades and shapes of voile. 
When machine stitching, all voiles need to be enclosed and any edges firmly attached to each other. I added a few green silk velvet shapes to represent leaves once the machining was completed but making sure they were secure. Then the fun part, immerse the whole piece in warm water to completely dissolve the plastic, then dry thoroughly. 
From my silk painting days I had some lovely ‘sky’ pieces so one was perfect for the background. In the ufo box lurked a piece of painted calico perfect for a path and bushes. Voila, the page was complete. Something was missing - of course dear Hattie !!!
How long will it be before we can relish long walks , who knows, but in the mean time we have our memories and imagination.




Thanks for reading
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.