Tuesday 18 May 2021

'Slow' Stitches.....

 

Like the other Textile Maids I have really enjoyed sewing these eight inch square pages for each other. I kept it simple and used the same format for the pieces just changing the colour to the individual's choice. I had great pleasure covering the fabric in a variety of 'slow' stitches. I have always felt there is a wonderful element in hand stitching that links all sewers through time and I love the simplicity of using a running stitch - surely the first stitch we learn and the stitch that all others develop from. 

It will be such a joy to meet up and exchange pages sometime in the summer, maybe in a garden- with tea and cake involved!




Back soon

Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.