Tuesday 23 February 2021

Memories by the fire...

Like most of us I have had a struggle with creating during this most extraordinary year of lockdown but the one thing I have really enjoyed making is the pages for my fellow Maids. There is something so very comforting about hand sewing that brings back memories of learning to sew sitting by the fire with my mother and sisters and probably a piece of binca and stranded cottons. It has been a joy to rummage through the fabric stash to find the right colours and of course thinking about the recipient with every stitch. I just am so looking forward to seeing the pages put together into a book and just being together again as a group. Although it has been great meeting on Zoom each fortnight it will be the best when we are together again.






These pages are for Jane and Debbie and I hope they like them.  

Thanks for reading and stay safe everyone. 

Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.