Tuesday 16 February 2021

Into The Blue etc.....

Into the Blue

This page made for Jenni is mainly made up of papers from my stash. There is some handmade paper printed with a home made kebab stick print block. Other painted and printed papers, scrim and some fabric Jenni and I made at a workshop with Lynda Monk. Some painted lace, beads and a flower complete the page.





For Margaret

I have been working in greens quite a lot during the last year. Including a Chairman's challenge for my WCE group. So this colour was at the top of the pile. I had intended to use my Embellisher with the felt pieces in quite a free way as Margaret loves all things felted but something took over and the page became a sort of "knot" garden. Both French and Bullion!! I did enjoy this piece.




Cut the Mustard

My final page is for Debbie who requested mustard/ochre. This piece of fabric which has been in my stash for a long time jumped out at me and said "now you can use me" I cut silk fabric and paper in triangles to follow the pattern. Covered the whole with two layers of sheer fabric and machined in place. I then cut back in places to reveal some of the triangles. I machined couched some hand dyed thread and used a set pattern for more decoration. Baby hearts complete the page.




Keep enjoying all this extra time for stitching!!   
Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.