Tuesday 1 December 2020

Landscapes and Seascapes.....

Following on from Debbie's post. I began with pieces for Sue and Jane in rust and rust/gold. I had a piece of sheeting I rusted some time ago with wire wool and had been saving for a special piece of work. The time had come at last to cut it up!! I could see a landscape in one piece and found lots of rusty/brown bits to make up a patchwork of fields including Japanese paper, velvet and scrim.  


Rust for Sue

As all my rusty bits were to hand I continued with another part of the same rusted fabric. This time I saw a coastline and sea with an island. I have covered the sea with lace, running stitched over in gold thread and added gold fish. 


Rust and Gold for Jane

In both pages I have left the rusty parts unstitched as I think they speak for themselves. Sometimes less is more!

My blue stash is coming out now for Jenni. Watch this space. 
Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.