Thursday 31 March 2022

For Sue...

 


My last page and possibly the one that satisfied me most. The design came to me quite readily, maybe influenced by a book of Japanese art I had been looking at last week. Shades of Hokusai's Great Wave off Kanagawa! 

I used a piece of my own indigo hand dyed cotton from a workshop I did a couple of years ago and followed the pattern on the fabric with hand and machine stitching. I really enjoyed working on this page for Sue and it completes my pages for the group. All stitched with love. 

Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.