Wednesday 23 March 2022

For Debbie and Jenni...

 



Debbie chose two excellent stitches, Pistil stitch and Herringbone stitch, which could be manipulated to add interest and movement to a piece of work. 
Many year ago I tied dyed some fabrics, as luck would have it, Debbie's choice of colour gave me a chance to use it, along with cotton fabric and Dupion silk. 

Free-cut pieced background. Multiple couched threads with herringbone stitch. 


detail of pistil and herringbone stitch


There's nothing I like better than manipulating fabric's and layering stitches. I had never visited Cretan stitch, but with a little research I found it could be used to manipulate pin-tucks, another favourite of mine and of course a plethora of Lazy Daisy stitches added to the mix worked a treat. Did I forget to mention another favourite, Jenni's choice of colour, light cream/natural.

Free-cut pieced background. Pin-tucks. Cotton fabric and linen. Perle, vintage string and wool.



Hope you enjoy my post today.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.