Wednesday 9 February 2022

For Margaret and a little extra...

 


My Lady's ChamberI felt that I wanted to make a very feminine piece for Margaret as I believe as a farmer's wife and mother of two sons all things go out the window! 

The background is calico and neutral colours were requested. I have used pieces of old lace and beads and completed the piece in running and back stitch. I really enjoyed making this piece for Margaret.





My own piece is black and grey with raised chain band and chain stitch. I found the ammonite fabric in my stash. Just the right colours. I bonded torn pieces of this to black poly cotton.  I used the coils to guide the stitching. I like the single raised chain band and will use this again. Beads and a button finished it off. 

Thank you for continuing to follow us.

Rosemary.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.