Wednesday 8 December 2021

For Sue...

 


Sailing away !

Rather an obscure title I hear you say but this piece includes torn map pages and painted bondaweb to represent water. Sues chosen stitches seed and French knots – so very Sue and the colour blue. 

Seventh heaven for me using blue but I hadn’t taken into account how labour intensive both stitches are. Sadly my French knots often became colonial knots but having tried to undo wrong knots I just ploughed on – sorry Sue but I did try! Similar problems with seed stitch – I found stitches were increasing in size and often going in the same direction, having said that I just loved doing this for Sue. I added beads for a bit of ‘shin’ and ‘lift’.

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.