Thursday 1 December 2016

Stencils,felt ball, printing and tea bread...

As you will see by the title of this post, our November meeting saw a very creative mix of techniques.
Still on experimental mode, we started with Jane and Margaret giving us a demo of their stencil cutting machines, then we were able to draw our own designs to use with Markals and paints.

Here are a few of our stencils...

Rosemary
Chris


Debbie

Sue

Here we are adding paint and Markals


Jenni

Sue

Jane

Rosemary

Rosemary decided to rearrange her design

Margaret then demonstrated how to make felted balls to sit inside acorn cups...

Margaret

Jane

Of course it wasn't all about playing, we've had lengthy discussions about our next challenge. Obviously I can't reveal any details yet, but in the New Year we should have some creative bits to share with you, we'll keep you posted.

Before I finish today, thank you to those interested in joining Textile Maids, currently we are closed to new members.

I almost forgot the honey tea bread, I had a photo to show you but sorry to say I deleted it by mistake, (new camera's fault). But I can tell you it was very delishious and covered with a layer of real butter.

I'll leave you with that thought, back soon.
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.