Thursday 22 January 2015

Happy New Year to all...

After two weeks getting rid of bad cough and cold, I have at last got myself into gear and started my new project based on the traditional foods of cornwall... here is my first attempt to do something about Cornish Cream!

Feels good to have made a start at last - my plan is to do lots of sample pieces to remind myself of techniques I have learnt, and also try some new ones!

This piece was made on handmade silk paper made with cocoon strippings, painted with Koh-i-noor and then appliqued and machine embroidered. The table cloth is vintage and given to me by my cousin Franny who was clearing her stash prior to moving house.

Best wishes, Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.