Wednesday 26 March 2014

Monochrome




My original idea for this piece was for a Zentangle in red, however, it gradually changed into "Hearts and Flowers".  A collage using various red and shades of red fabric, lace, beads and sequin waste.  The applique hearts and flowers are cut from velvet making full use of the nap.


After the Rain

 
I wanted my interpretation to represent the positive side of rain - the flowers.
The  background fabric is coloured using Brusho powders and is the result of, literally , "after the rain" has blended the colours together. Its embellished with little Suffolk puffs, crystals and beads.
 
Thanks for reading my first venture into the Blog!!
 
Susan
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.