Saturday 29 March 2014

MONOCHROME “ERTÉ ZENTANGLED”

On hearing what our challenge was, my first thought was  "Zentangle".
This is where shapes are split into sections, then in-filled with simple repetitive patterns.  Basically doodling using black ink on white paper.
(Apparently a technique developed by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts.)

I fancied incorporating this technique with an Erte' type fashion drawing.  I have this super book of "Fashion Drawings and illustrations from Harper's Bazar by Erte'.
The book is mainly in black and white and is very inspiring.


The Erte' greyhound type dog is not to my taste, so I thought I would go for a plumper variety.


I triple stitched the outline and in-filled with hand and machine embroidery. Painted some bits. Echo quilted. Trimmed.
And finally finished it off  by embellishing with crystals that look like diamonds. Bling Bling Bling. Lovely....



Finished and I am pleased with the result. 
Janex


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.