Tuesday 1 October 2013

"FOREST FLOOR" (Decay)

"FOREST FLOOR" (Decay)

There is a never ending cycle of leaves, twigs and bark falling to the floor of the forest. Layer after Layer, after Layer. Gradually breaking down and decaying. Until finally becoming a rich and fertile humus which enriches and feeds the earth and new life.

I really enjoyed doing this challenge because I was able to use lots of techniques, some I had not used before.
Techniques included:
Rubbing Plates, Home made Stencils, Hand Painting,
Painted Bondaweb, Lutradur, Tyvek and Paper.
Hand dyed scrim.
Expandapaint which I had not used before.
Machine quilting.
and I  Embellish with hand embroidery, beads and foil.


























This is a close-up of some of the details.



.


I used a poem from D H Lawrence



















all finished
janex

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Jane, looking forward to seeing it "in the flesh" at our next meeting, chris

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.