Tuesday 27 August 2013

Double up on Trebah

Hello there once again. I haven't posted for a while - life outside Textile Maids has intervened but here I am with a pair of Trebahs!
I really enjoyed the day out and the things that made most impression on me were the bamboos, the reflection in the pond water and the paths. This quite surprised me as I do not really admire bamboos in a domestic garden situation at all but I really liked the patterns and the amazing variety of greens (and black). The reflection in the water is, I am sure, quite self explanatory and the paths meandering all over the place made really great patterns too.
The bamboo piece is a weaving using mainly bamboo yarn with a bit of black knitting yarn thrown in.



Bamboos

My second piece was based on the colours of Trebah and the many paths there. I tore up some fabric I had dyed at Di Wells workshop last month into strips and layered them to represent the changing colours. The yellow of course is the beach, blue the sea and pond and the many greens are the variety of vegetation. I stitched the paths with a variegated thread - hand and machine to finish. I wanted to keep it quite simple so have not embellished it further. I really like it especially the lovely effect of the dyeing.


paths and patterns   






There you go.
Thanks for looking

Margaret

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.