Wednesday 13 April 2022

For Margaret and a little extra...

 


View from a Cornish Balcony.

Just love working with creams. Many years ago I remember tackling a calico garden workshop and I found it really interesting. Although I haven’t quite stuck to all cream colours but added a few textures. 

Margaret’s chosen stitches were running stitch and back stitch, but I have also included machine stitch on dissolvable plastic, just to add a 3D element and texture. Really enjoyed this one and found it rhythmic and calming to work the stitches.




Sea Foam
Well this is so far from where I started, which was an interesting piece of fabric in its own right. A left over created piece which was a black felt with bondaweb attached. I very carefully put over the top of this a painted piece of painted tyke fabric. This was originally created during a workshop with Lynda Monk - what a creator of interesting things. My idea was to just embellish with machine embroidery but it all looked so very boring. I have added over the top [white shapes]  3D medium. Of course when heating everything started to melt into holes while the medium was ‘puffin’ up - I had not thought it through properly !!!! But after a few cups of tea I came to like some of the holes and made even more. I machine stitched around the 3D medium - played havoc with the needle. However - 
I have an interesting 3D piece depicting layers and I see foam on the top of water with hints of sand beneath. Folk, never despair when being creative, it often leads to interesting happening !! 
Have fun.
Jenni




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.