Thursday 20 January 2022

For Debbie...

 



My piece for Debbie started with fabrics lace and bits and pieces I had previously dyed in Aqua. I remembered Debbie previously mentioning her love of Herons, so that was something I wanted to include.
I started by drawing the bird onto some medium weight Lutdradur. I then cut it out and attached it with a fine Herringbone stitch.  The lace was attached with a double Herringbone stitch. I used the Pistol stitch for the reeds, the background and attaching the buttons. I finished by attaching a lace trim with a Beaded Herringbone stitch.
Thank you for your interest. 
Janex





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.