Wednesday 17 November 2021

For Jane...

 


This is Jane’s cream and gold page, this is the one that I found the most challenging, but I did enjoy it once I got into the swing of it. The woven circles were ok it was the fiddly insertion stitches!It makes me think of autumn golds and spiders webs!I made the woven wheels a few days ago, and the Blandford Cartwheel button, one pattern of a Dorset button. I’ve used felt throughout, either commercial or my own wet felted. This gave me firm edges for the insertion stitches, which are herring bone, knotted herringbone and inserted button hole stitch. Mainly perle thread, with some variegated in there too, and hand dyed vintage lace. It looks rather simple now it’s done, sorry Jane but I hope you’ll like it!With loveDebbiex

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.