Wednesday 20 October 2021

For Jane.....

 


Jane chose fabrics in cream and gold. I used cotton fabrics, dupion silk and gold painted vintage music sheets to make a background with free-cut piecing. 

I'm quite partial of cutting up pieces of my work, so Janes choice of joining/insertion stitch gave me the perfect opportunity to free-cut through the piece and re-join with insertion stitch. Jane also chose woven wheels which I stitched in wool, perle thread and Lana thread, adding a sprinkling of cream and gold beads. 

Thanks for reading

Sue





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.