Wednesday 15 April 2020

Celtic knot pattern, Felting and Embroidery...

I have been working on my projects with a determination to use fabrics and threads from my 'stash' and although, of course, I have had to purchase some items, most of the work is using things I already have. My subject has a medieval origin so I thought hand made felt a suitable textile to work with. 
This image shows my latest piece based on a Celtic knot pattern. I have attached the felted pieces and now need to decide on how much, if any embroidery is needed to complete the piece and just what colour to use. I think it needs to  be put on the easel for a few days to see what inspiration comes to me.

Margaret - wip

Take care
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.