Tuesday 7 May 2019

Exploring eco-printing...

My work for our next theme has been inspired by the root of the word textiles. In relation to this I've been exploring eco-printing, using vegetable and plant material to produce prints on cloth. I have had such enjoyment from these play sessions: selecting plants from my garden, which I love; then steaming them (using a steamer given by a friend) and trying to be oh so patient waiting the required few days for the prints to cure before peeping!

I have been like a child on Christmas morning waiting to unwrap and see what unfolds from within these tightly tied rolls of smelly vegetation! But well worth the wait in most cases, not all. I've tried to be good and record the process as I go along.

Here are some photos, hopefully my background tablecloth does not impede too much!

eco-printing ready to unroll

eco-printing result


Thanks for reading,
Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.