Saturday 10 October 2015

A response to our day out

In August most of the group spent a lovely day out at Pine Lodge Gardens near St Austell. We decided to make a piece of work in response to the garden visit, and try to finish this within the month, as some of us have been missing the fast deadlines of our first two years!

Clearly having a deadline worked for me, and I have been able to get this small 12 x 12 piece done in time to hand it over tomorrow to Margaret - she is organising a small display of some Textile Maids work in the village hall at the end of the month.  Here is my final piece, and below is the quick sketch done the day and a photograph I took for reference. I hope you enjoy as much as I did - its been great to work fast again. I seem to have spent that last year working at a snails pace!

Regards, chris




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.