Thursday 20 November 2014

ST. MICHAELS MOUNT


DAWN BREAKING

I lost my way a bit this month, my mind has been a buzz with ideas and I am guilty of starting several projects without finishing off one first.  So you can imagine my cupboards and drawers are empty and all my textile and art stuff is out on the spare bed, the table, oops even the floor.  The beige carpet got covered with bright turquoise Brusho powder.  Which took my husband days with the aquavac and gallons of water to reduce to a shadow.


I had an idea to do St Michaels Mount in the sunset.  So off we went to get some pictures. It was a miserable day but all of a sudden the sun came out, bright behind the island in a strange watery light throwing it into a silhouette even though it was daytime.  
 


So out went the oranges that I intended to use, and instead I painted some Water Taffeta with pale blues, pink and purples.

 

I added a silhouette of the island, a boat and grasses (artistic licence).

 

I did get to the point of lacing and framing it - but badly, so I have now to do that again because I am not pleased with it at all. 
But it seems to have been put on the back boiler because my weird fish have taken over.

 

Janex

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.