Friday 23 May 2014

THE SKIN CHALLENGE -             "CATCH OF THE DAY"

At first I was thinking about hair or fur but then I decided to base this piece of work on the silvery shoals of Cornish Pilchards.  Which were caught and preserved and eaten - skin and all.



I started by making a stamp, but I didn't use it in the end, except for in my sketchbook.
I did a drawing of a fish, painted it and reproduced it over and over again.
I then printed it on fabric, handmade paper and lutradur.



I then layered it all up with a batik and some knitted cotton. Sprinkled with glitter.
Topping it off with a lurex mesh.

I used metal shim to make the fish embellishment and added Coconut Shell and Wood Beads.


FINISHED! now on to Doorways.
Janex



I

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.