Tuesday 8 April 2014

The joy of Monochrome ...

I have loved doing this challenge, probably one of my favourite yet, when you see my piece you will understand why.....I used - buttons, a shell, lace, silk rod, paper, string, cut and sew fabric and paper, florist netting, tissue, silk string, organza, lace made with dis-solvable plastic, wool, raffia, webbing tape, pin-tucks, couching, re-verse appliqué, hand stitching, machine quilting and a stick wound with wool etc. as a colour study.

As you have realised by now I had a good hunt around and found any object, piece of fabric or paper in the relevant colour that I could recycle to create texture and interest.
However, once I had finished the quilting and left it hanging on the wall for a while I thought it looked a bit flat, so out came the white acrylic paint which finished it off nicely.

It's now stretched over a canvas and ready for the next meeting...

'Cornish Cream'
Sorry it looks a bit grey in the photo, it's actually calico and white.

Thanks for reading,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.