Tuesday 25 March 2014

After The Rain

I have just finished my piece of work on the theme of "After the rain" - how appropriate it was to think about this subject given the terrible winter we have just experienced in Cornwall.

My main influence was the visual effect that you get in the winter when bare trees are reflected in large puddles. I took a walk in nearby Kennel Vale Nature Reserve after the storms and took lots of photographs which were my main influence on the project.

         
I wanted to create a more abstract effect rather then a literal image and I tried out some of the techniques that I learnt about at a recent workshop at Cowslip with Cas Holmes. I experimented with a collage of printed papers and fabrics which I then added to this base with free machine embroidery and some further painting.


I have really enjoyed this project because I was able to try out the techniques that I had felt so excited about at the workshop, and I find thats the best way to really get them into your head and hand!

Hope you enjoy see the results, chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
‘Textile Maids’ is a group of like-minded Contemporary Textitle Artist in Cornwall, providing encouragement; creative direction and the enhancement of techniques, with a view to collaborating in exhibitions.